Can I / Should I?
Whether to use franchising as the strategy to grow your business is a big decision. We understand this and we are happy to answer your questions and provide all of the information you need to help you make the right decision. We can do this in a number of ways, but the two main Free options available to you are either to have an initial, no obligation meeting with one of our experienced franchise consultants or come to one of our free franchising masterclasses.
Is My Business Right for Franchising?
The question of whether your business is right for franchising is of course the starting point for you. The first question is, can your business be franchised? Our franchise consultants have, of course, got great experience in this area and will give you an initial opinion.
There are a lot of issues to consider, but to help you, below are the basic criteria for successful franchising:
- A business which is proven to be successful in an established format, with a defined system, and a distinctive name and appearance
- A business which is easily duplicated – which means it can be set up in a sufficient number of locations to create a network which is manageable and profitable
- A business which can be easily learned in a reasonable period of time by someone with the required knowledge, skills and attitude to fit the desired franchisee profile
- A business which creates sufficient profits to satisfy both the franchisor and the franchisee
- A business which has, or can adapt to, a culture of mutual support and trust and in which the franchisor recognises their responsibilities to assist appropriately qualified people to create and operate businesses using a common brand and system.
Should I Franchise My Business?
Now, whether your business can be franchised and whether it should be franchised, are of course, two different questions. To reach a decision about whether you should franchise your business, you need to know what the outcome of doing so would be.
In working with clients, this is the first vital piece of work we do together. Our franchise develop plan will lay out for you what is involved in franchising your business, how much you will have to invest and what the return will be. The plan will give you a crystal clear picture of what you will have to do and what the outcome of franchising your business will be, enabling you to make a fully informed decision on whether to continue down the franchising route.